Calgary Housing Company Partners with landlords, suppliers and agencies to provide housing, programs and services that support tenants throughout their tenancy.
- The Private Landlord Rent Supplement (PLRS) program is a way for Calgary Housing Company to expand the number of units available to Calgarians in need of housing options by partnering with landlords in Calgary.
- Working with our PLRS department, private landlords provide units that are offered to applicants on the Calgary Housing Company waitlist.
- Landlords follow their usual process when approving someone for tenancy.
- Calgary Housing Company (CHC) Supply is responsible for the purchase of all goods and services required by CHC, and for ensuring that these purchases are fair and transparent.
- Supply supports CHC requirements through
- tendering and competitive bidding;
- explaining standard Supply/CHC Requirements, and
- developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Calgary Housing Company works with a wide variety of local agencies,n on-profits and government service agencies to provide various tenant programs and services
- Some agencies operate resource centres located at CHC properties,
- Other agencies partner with CHC to assist vulnerable Calgarians seeking housing services
- Still others provide programs directly for CHC tenants ranging from education support, after-school and recreation programming to support for victims of domestic violence.