CHC Procurement Information
About CHC Supply
Starting February 1, 2024, Calgary Housing Company will require companies to have COR, SECOR, or a Temporary Letter of Certification to satisfy Capital Projects, bid and proposal, Health and Safety Requirements.
Calgary Housing Company (CHC) Supply is responsible for the purchase of all goods and services required by CHC, and for ensuring that these purchases are fair and transparent.
Supply supports CHC requirements through:
- tendering and competitive bidding
- explaining standard Supply/CHC Requirements
- developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers
As of October 1, 2022 all procurement opportunities will be posted on SAP Ariba.
The following materials provide vendor guidance for setting up and using the new SAP Ariba sourcing system.
- Navigate the SAP Business Network
- Set up an SAP Business Network Account
- Manage SAP Ariba Account Settings
- Locate Opportunities on SAP Ariba Discovery
- Participate in a Sourcing Event
Additionally, The City of Calgary has prepared a comprehensive Supplier Guide.
Contractor and supplier qualifications may include:
- Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Workers’ Compensation coverage
- Technical ability and/or trade certification
- Work history
- Additional qualifications may be required for specific purchases deemed appropriate by Calgary Housing Company.
Contractor and supplier responsibilities
- Stay informed of current or upcoming procurement opportunities.
- Submit responses that meet all CHC requirements as detailed in procurement documents (e.g. Expressions of Interest, Request for Proposals, Tenders, etc.).
- Submit responses prior to time specified on procurement documents.
- Ensure insurance documents, safety certificates, COR certificates and WCB clearance documents are current.
- Depending on the category, opportunities that require prequalified bidders may not be advertised.
- CHC invites any interested bidder who can fulfill the bid requirements to respond to advertised opportunities.
- Vendors are responsible for staying informed of current or upcoming procurement opportunities.
Contractor and Supplier Policies
Procurement policies, procedures and practices are governed by legislated requirements, applicable trade agreements, and governing policies and guidelines.
Contractors and suppliers interested in doing business with CHC must comply with the same requirements and standards when applicable including:
Types of services we may require:
- Drain Cleaning
- Grounds Keeping
- Glass Repairs
- Parking Lot Maintenance
- Garbage Removal
- Interior Renovations
- Elevator Maintenance
- and more…