Application Process Help
When you are preparing your application , you may be required to submit additional information on stand-alone forms. Below, you will find information on how to upload your information, samples of some documents you may be required to submit, as well as forms you may need to complete and include with your application.
There are three separate areas within the Applicant Portal that allow you to upload your supporting documents
- The Account Information page prior to entering the application. Click on the green UPLOAD DOCUMENTS button
- Each page of the application has a green UPLOAD DOCUMENTS button
- The Documents link located on the menu on the left side of the application page
If supporting documents are required, they will be listed under the Document column.
Follow these instructions for each document
- Scan and save the required documents onto your device
- You can also take pictures of your documents
- Click the green UPLOAD button in the Upload column
- Click on the Choose Files button (PDF, JPEG, Word, etc.)
- A window with your personal files will open
- Select the required file
- Click on the Upload button
A notification will appear when your file is loaded successfully
Frequently Asked Questions
Using the Applicant Portal will allow you to update your application at your convenience, 24 hours a day.
If you are unable to access the Portal, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (587) 390-1200 between 8am – 4pm from Monday through Friday for support.
An email address is required to register with the portal.
If you didn’t provide one with your original application or have forgotten it, contact our office to add or update it before you register on the portal.
If you remember your original email, but want to update it. Register with the original email and then change your profile by:
- Clicking on your name in the top right corner
- Select My Profile
- Click on the Change Email button
You will receive an email confirming your application has been processed or updated.
The status on the Applicant Portal will change depending on the information received. Example: “Applied” could change to “Eligible” or “Incomplete”.
Please use the portal to update information or check your status.
- Sign into your account with your User Name (email address) and password;
- click on your name in the top right corner;
- select My Profile;
- click the Change Password button and
- follow the prompts.
If you have recently asked that some of your information be updated, it might not show up in the portal yet.
Please change any information in the portal that is not up to date.
To be sure your personal information stays secure, the system is designed to use your personal Registration Code and your unique user name and password.
Please ensure you do not share your personal information. Your online Applicant account is safe and secure using your unique username and password.
You are required to update your application once a year. You will be notified by Calgary Housing Company when your annual update is required.
You can update your application at any time if there are any changes to your household information, such as:
- You have added or removed a member to your household; i.e. new baby.
- If you require a change in bedroom size.
- There has been a change in income or assets.
- To update contact information.
- You have moved.
- You have received an increase or decrease to your current rent
- If you want to change your locations / area preference.
Your point score is calculated based on the Social Housing Accommodation Regulation (SHAR). Your priority on the wait list will be decided based on your point score.
Points will be allocated to:
- Income to rent ratio
- Number of dependents
- Shared accommodation
- Special Circumstances
- Living in a shelter
- Housing detrimental to health
- Fleeing Violence
- Housing First Graduates
A member of your household may include:
- A spouse or adult partner
- A person related to you by blood, adoption or marriage
- A person who lives regularly with you as part of your family unit
- Any dependents that live with you, including children for whom you have sole custody or at least 50% joint custody
- A live-in aide
- A person who is usually a member of your household but is temporarily absent due to:
- Military service
- School attendance
- Other special circumstances
Calgary Housing Company has buildings that are pet friendly. These areas are indicated on the location map on the Applicant Portal. Depending on the building criteria, some pets may not be approved. Please give all pet information on your application to determine your housing requirements.
A non-refundable pet fee may be required depending on location preference.
Click here to visit our Tenant Information Section for more information on Pet Policies and Service Animals.
You can cancel your application by:
1. Call our office at (587) 390-1200
2. Register with the portal;
- open your application by clicking CONTINUE;
- select the Application Status at the bottom of the menu;
- click CANCEL APPLICATION (provide link to Cancel Application instructions)
3. Let your application expire when you receive your update notice
Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Please phone or email to contact us