Calgary Housing Company Procurement Information
Calgary Housing Company (CHC) Supply is responsible for the purchase of all goods and services required by CHC, and for ensuring that these purchases are fair and transparent.
Supply supports CHC requirements through:
- tendering and competitive bidding
- explaining standard Supply/CHC Requirements
- developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers
CHC tenders and bid opportunities are posted on MERX.com
Contractor and supplier qualifications may include:
- Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Workers’ Compensation coverage
- Technical ability and/or trade certification
- Work history
- Additional qualifications may be required for specific purchases deemed appropriate by Calgary Housing Company.
Contractor and supplier responsibilities
- Stay informed of current or upcoming procurement opportunities.
- Submit responses that meet all CHC requirements as detailed in bid documents (e.g. Expressions of Interest, Request for Proposals, Tenders, etc.).
- Submit bid documents prior to time specified on procurement documents.
- Ensure insurance documents, safety certificates, COR certificates and WCB clearance documents are current.
Most CHC opportunities can be viewed on MERX.com
Vendors or contractors can browse and view purchasing opportunities free of charge for goods, services and construction.
- Responses to bid opportunities must be prepared and submitted as per instructions on the bid documents.
- Responses to Request for Tenders (RFT) must be time stamped/before 14:00:59 MDT/MST (2:00:59 pm Calgary time) on closing date.
- Request for Proposals must be time stamped at/before 16:00:59 MDT/MST (4:00:59 pm Calgary time).
- Requests for Quotes may be emailed or time stamped as per document requirement
Bid documents must be received on or before the specified closing date to the street address or email address listed in the document.
- Depending on the category, opportunities that require prequalified bidders may not be advertised.
- CHC invites any interested bidder who can fulfill the bid requirements to respond to advertised opportunities.
- Vendors are responsible for staying informed of current or upcoming procurement opportunities.
Contractor and Supplier Policies
- Procurement policies, procedures and practices are governed by legislated requirements, applicable trade agreements, and governing policies and guidelines.
- Contractors and suppliers interested in doing business with CHC must comply with the same requirements and standards when applicable including:
- Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Contractors Environmental Acknowledgement Form
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP)
- City of Calgary Environmental Policy
- Residential Tenancies Act – RTA Handbook and Quick Reference Guide
Contact CHC Supply
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday (Except Statutory Holidays)
Types of services we may require:
- Drain Cleaning
- Grounds Keeping
- Glass Repairs
- Parking Lot Maintenance
- Garbage Removal
- Interior Renovations
- Elevator Maintenance
- and more…