On Saturday, Feb. 26, 2022 the Government of Alberta announced its decision to proceed to Step 2 of its Return to Normal plan on March 1 (Alberta to lift almost all remaining health restrictions | alberta.ca).
Effective March 1, 2022 the following changes to CHC’s business operations will be implemented:
Face coverings are no longer required in common areas and hallways of CHC managed properties.
- Scheduled maintenance in occupied units will commence on March 1, 2022.
- Common areas to open at full occupancy.
- Programs and events are permitted on all CHC managed sites.
- Outdoor patios will open, weather permitting.
- Indoor and outdoor social gatherings are permitted.
- Front counters will remain closed. Please continue to use our online and telephone contact options.
As self-isolation is still required for those with COVID-19 in order to prevent transmission, CHC will maintain the following until the Government of Alberta moves to Step 3:
- Residents are to continue reporting COVID-19 infections to their Property Manager and Tenant Liaison. CHC keeps this information confidential and uses it to provide residents with support during self-isolation and monitors our properties to prevent an outbreak on a CHC site.
- CHC will continue to as screening questions for COVID-19 prior to scheduling maintenance work. If a person in the household has COVID-19, the work will be scheduled after their self-isolation is complete. If the work is an emergency, the work will proceed with staff using the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Hygiene protocols and social distancing will continue to minimize transmission as we “Return to Normal”
For detailed, current information on Provincial restrictions and guidance, please visit the Government of Alberta site: COVID-19 Public Health Actions
Click here to view March 1 Government of Alberta Information Release on Restriction Changes