Our Front Counter Offices Remain Closed
Our Front Counters Remain Closed
CHC offices remain closed to the public but there are lots of ways you can reach us!
If you have received a rent review or other documents that you need to submit to us, you can send them to the email address or mailing address provided with the forms or email them to email@example.com. Check out other things you can do without having to come into the office, information on who to contact when, and also see below for tips on scanning documents with your smartphone and paying your rent online.
If you cannot email or mail your documents, you may deposit them in the drop box at one of our District Offices.
Services available electronically
Digital Tenant Services
Tenants can access the following services without having to visit in person.
- Sign lease renewals using our secure e-signing system.
- Pay your rent electronically through your bank’s bill payment system.
- Email your Annual Rent Review to your Account Administrator using the email address on the form.
- Use the secure drop box at our East and South locations to drop off other forms.
- Schedule an appointment for a phone meetings to address any needs you have that cannot be met online.
Digital Applicant Services
Applicants can access the following services without having to visit in person.
- Use our PDF Application Form page. Complete it digitally and email it to customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have electronic lease signing services so you can sign your lease digitally.
- Call our Customer Service line at (587) 390-1200 for an appointment to answer your questions or help with your application form.
How to Reach Us
Who to call when
Knowing who to call when you have a question on concern means you can get to the right person to deal with your question or concerns quickly, without waiting on hold with our Customer Service line. Keep your Calgary Housing Company representative’s contact information somewhere handy or easy to reference.
- Eligibility for housing or adding/removing someone to/from your lease.
- Ending your lease or signing a new one.
- Scheduling an appointment for a move out inspection.
- Asking about an eviction notice or court papers.
- For information on how to arrange a rent payment.
- Reporting concerns about the maintenance of your property or request an inspection of maintenance work completed in your unit.
- Reporting any criminal behavior or violation of your rights as a resident.
- Reporting concerns about other residents.
- Request repairs to your unit or a common area.
- Report pests on the property such as ants, bedbugs, mice, etc.
- Request abandoned furniture be removed.
- Ask about when a repair will be completed.
Your Annual Rent Review.
A letter you received seeking information about your household or income.
Rent adjustments and rent calculations.
How to add an occupant to your household.
Your account balance or how to arrange a payment.
- Assistance with issues that may affect your tenancy with Calgary Housing Company.
- Assistance with forms and documents.
- Referrals to resources such as: food, furniture, clothing, emergency financial assistance, recreation (kids and family), social benefits, health (physical and mental) related programs, counselling and crisis services.
- Help with problem solving concerns in the community/property such as: unsupervised children, neighbour disputes, noise complaints, illegal activity, etc
Drop Box Locations
You can leave your documents in the drop box at the following locations.
East District Office
320, 433 Marlborough Way NE
Main Floor, 1701 Centre St. NW
For faster service, please send your documents to the office for your area of Calgary.
CHC West District Office
1701 Centre Street N
Calgary AB, T2E 8A4
CHC East District Office
320, 433 Marlborough Way NE
Calgary AB, T2A 5H5
CHC South District Office
18, 6624 Centre St. SE
Calgary AB, T2H 0C6
How to Scan Your Documents
Many smartphones and tablets can actually capture high-quality scans of paper documents with their built-in cameras, which makes the process faster and more convenient than a traditional scanner.
Scanning Documents Using Google Drive Information on how to use Google Drive to scan your documents as well as how to add a scanning shortcut to your home screen.
Scanning documents with a smartphone Information from the Goodwill Community Foundation about how to download a PDF scanner to your phone and use it to scan your documents.
How to pay your rent electronically
Did you know you can pay your rent the same way that you pay other bills through your banking institution?
- Select ‘Calgary Housing Company’ as a bill payee.
- Use your payment account number (PAN) as your bill account number (the number provided when you signed your lease.)
- If you do not have your PAN, please call (587) 390-1200 for assistance.
- Depending on which bank you use, they may require more than 6 digits, if this is the case you may add enough zero’s in front of your account number to reach the required number of digits.
In Summer 2020 we compiled a new Printable PDF version of important information for tenants. You will find details on how to connect with CHC, guidance on the programs we provide, and advice on maintenance and management of your home. Keep a copy of the PDF on your device or print your own hardcopy. Download CHC Tenant Handbook 2020