Resident Satisfaction Survey Results
Calgary Housing Company (CHC) manages over 7,000 affordable homes, serving nearly 25,000 Calgarians, including almost 10,000 children.
CHC regularly conducts a Resident Satisfaction Survey to provide residents with an opportunity to give feedback on CHC’s service delivery and share information about their well-being. The results are used by CHC to continually improve service delivery and better support resident and community well-being. The most recent survey was conducted via telephone and online from May 31 to June 17, 2021. A total of 600 residents completed the survey. You can read the full results here and view the summary here.
- The overall satisfaction with services provided by CHC remains high at 74%. Overall satisfaction with CHC has remained relatively stable and was 73% in 2019 and 77% in 2017.
- 84% of respondents were satisfied with being listened to and treated with respect, and 78% were comfortable raising concerns or speaking their mind with CHC. The majority of residents agreed that CHC supports diversity and inclusion (78%).
- Residents were very satisfied with the application process (82%).
- Residents were very satisfied with the move-in process (83%) and agreed that the staff who did the move-in inspection were professional and thorough (89%). 85% of residents did not have any major problems when moving in (e.g., parking, elevator access).
- CHC will continue supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion through ongoing employee education and training and the development of an anti-racism strategy.
- Residents were aware of the efforts by CHC to limit the spread of COVID-19 (92%) and believed CHC’s response was quick (89%) and helpful (88%).
- Overall, 68% of residents were satisfied with their level of safety and security in their building and home. This is a significant increase of 8% since 2019.
- CHC will continue to strengthen safety and security through the prioritization of safety-related repairs, and security improvements, and by maintaining an open and responsive relationship with our residents so that safety-related concerns can be voiced and addressed.
- 64% of residents said they were satisfied with the condition of their property, 59% were satisfied with the condition of their building and 69% were satisfied with condition of the home.
- Nearly one third of recent repairs were initiated by CHC, which reflects our efforts to become more proactive.