Resident Portal FAQs
Resident Portal | Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the questions and answers below. This FAQs address questions residents may have during our Phase 1 launch of our resident portal. It covers Registration, Maintenance and Account Balance.
- An email address is required to register with the portal. If you have not provided Calgary Housing with one or have forgotten which one is on file, contact our office to add or update it before you register on the portal. (firstname.lastname@example.org; 587-390-1200)
- Having an email address with CHCs communications where you receive regular email newsletters does not guarantee that the email is registered into our system for the portal. If you are not sure please call and check.
- If you remember your original email, but want to update it. Register with the original email and then change your profile by clicking on your name in the top right corner. Select My Profile and click on the Change Email button.
- You can reset your password from the login screen. A new password will be sent to the email address you registered with.
- Please keep your password in a safe place.
- Sign into your account with your User Name (email address) and password; click on your name in the top right corner; select My Profile; click the Change Password button and follow the prompts.
- If your household members have changed and someone may know your password you should reset to a new one for security of your information.
- To be sure your personal information stays secure, the system is designed to use your personal CHC account number and your unique user name and password.
- Please ensure you do not share your personal information.
- Your online Resident account is safe and secure using your unique username and password.
- Payments may take 2-5 days to show in your account, this is dependent on your method of payment and the banking transmission process.
- To upload a document or picture, click on the ‘Choose File‘ button (PDF, JPEG, Word, etc.)
- A window with your personal files will open.
- Select the required file and a notification will appear to indicate the successful file uploaded.
- Use the portal ‘contact us’ to send an email to your Tenant Liaison or Property Manager for more information.
- The event or announcement may have contact details included in the message
- Not at this time, you still need to submit a form with supporting documents. The form may be downloaded from the CHC website.
- This process may be added to the portal in the coming months.
- No, the portal is monitored during CHC working days and hours.
- You may submit a request for maintenance work or send us information through ‘contact us’ however we will not process or consider your request until the next business day. Work orders will be issued based on priority.
- You still need to phone 587-390-1200 to access the afterhour’s line for urgent matters such as unit flooding, lack of heat in winter, lack of water, etc or phone 911 in an emergency requiring police, ambulance or the fire department.