Applicant Portal FAQ
CHC Applicant Portal
Calgary Housing Company is aware that some applicants are receiving a pop-up message when attempting to register on the CHC applicant portal. The popup indicates the email address being registered is already in use with another housing provider.
If you do receive this popup when registering, instead navigate to ‘Use my Existing Account’. This will enable applicants to register with CHC using the same email address on file with another housing provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the question to view the answer.
Using the Applicant Portal will allow you to update your application at your convenience, 24 hours a day. If you are unable to access the Portal, you may email your updates to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (587) 390-1200 between 8am – 4pm from Monday to Friday.
An email address is required to register with the portal.
If you didn’t provide one with your original application or have forgotten it, contact our office to add or update it before you register on the portal.
If you remember your original email, but want to update it. Register with the original email and then change your profile by:
- Clicking on your name in the top right corner
- Select My Profile
- Click on the Change Email button
You will receive an email confirming your application has been updated.
The status on the Applicant Portal will change depending on the information received. Example: Incomplete will change to Applied.
Please check your status for updates.
- Sign into your account with your User Name (email address) and password;
- click on your name in the top right corner;
- select My Profile;
- click the Change Password button and
- follow the prompts.
If you have recently asked that some of your information be updated, it might not show up in the portal yet.
Please change any information in the portal that is not up to date.
To be sure your personal information stays secure, the system is designed to use your personal Registration Code and your unique user name and password.
Please ensure you do not share your personal information. Your online Applicant account is safe and secure using your unique username and password.
You are required to update your application once a year. You will be notified by Calgary Housing Company when your annual update is required.
You can update your application at any time if there are any changes to your household information, such as:
- You have added or removed a member to your household; i.e. new baby.
- If you require a change in bedroom size.
- There has been a change in income or assets.
- To update contact information.
- You have moved.
- You have received an increase or decrease to your current rent
- If you want to change your locations / area preference.
Your point score is calculated based on the Social Housing Accommodation Regulation (SHAR). Your priority on the wait list will be decided based on your point score. • Points will be allocated to:
- Income to rent ratio
- Number of dependents
- Shared accommodation
- Special Circumstances
- Living in a shelter
- Housing detrimental to health
- Fleeing Violence
- Housing First Graduates
A member of your household may include:
- A spouse or adult partner
- A person related to you by blood, adoption or marriage
- A person who lives regularly with you as part of your family unit
- Any dependents that live with you, including children for whom you have sole custody or at least 50% joint custody
- A live-in aide
- A person who is usually a member of your household but is temporarily absent due to:
- Military service
- School attendance
- Other special circumstances
Calgary Housing Company has buildings that are pet friendly. These areas are indicated on the location map on the Applicant Portal. Depending on the building criteria, some pets may not be approved. Please give all pet information on your application to determine your housing requirements.
A non-refundable pet fee may be required depending on location preference.
Click here to visit our Tenant Information Section for more information on Pet Policies and Service Animals.
You can cancel your application by:
1. Call our office at (587) 390-1200
2. Register with the portal;
- open your application by clicking CONTINUE;
- select the Application Status at the bottom of the menu;
- click CANCEL APPLICATION (provide link to Cancel Application instructions)
3. Let your application expire when you receive your update notice
Applicant Portal Pages
Need Help Getting Started?
If you cannot access the portal or need support in another language, please contact our Customer Service Department.