Resources to help while staying at home
The information on this page will help to support social distancing and self-isolation efforts. It includes information on things you can do while in isolation, what social distancing means, etc. We will continue to add resources to this page.
We have compiled a list of virtual tours at some of the most famous museums and art galleries in the world.
- British Museum, London
- Calgary Glenbow Museum
- Dalí Theatre-Museum
- Google Arts and Culture
- Louvre Museum, Paris
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC
- National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- National Women’s History Museum, Alexandria, Virginia
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, Washington, D.C.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York
- State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg
- Vatican Museum
A list of links to various events happening online, including educational events and live steaming music.
- Eventbrite online events
- Smithsonian Museum Online events calendar
- COVID-19 Online Entertainment list from YYC Ward 7
- The New York Metropolitan Opera streaming
- CBC.CA up-to-date list of Canadian live streams to watch during COVID-19
Just for Fun
Resources, articles and links to the most popular youtube videos you can work out along with at home.
- At home activities from the City of Calgary
- Staying Physically Active During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How to stay physically active during COVID-19 self-isolation
Most popular fitness channels on YouTube
Most popular yoga channels on YouTube
A handful of articles with some tips, tools and ideas for staying connected with friends and family while we stay physically apart.
- Free Tech Tools Have Kept Communities Connected During Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Ways to stay social online while in self-isolation
- Social distancing can make you lonely. Here’s how to stay connected when you’re in lockdown
- 10 classic board games you can play online with friends
Calgary Public Library has a digital library that includes eBooks, audiobooks, streaming movies and music, eMagazines and online classes.