Resources for Tenants
This tenant resource area will help to answer tenancy related questions specific to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our focus is on three important ideas:
- Protect the health and safety of our tenants, staff, partners and contractors
- Take steps necessary to ensure we effectively maintain our housing operations
- Take any necessary steps to help reduce the risk of transmission of the virus
CHC Housing Supports & Info
Click through the sections below for CHC related information.
Our font counters remain closed, so knowing who to call when you have a question on concern means you can get to the right person quickly, without waiting on hold with our Customer Service line. Keep your Calgary Housing Company representative’s contact information somewhere handy or easy to reference.
Call your Property Manager (PM) for things like:
At Calgary Housing Company, our mandate is to provide affordable housing to low and moderate income Calgarians. As a compassionate and caring landlord, we believe in the core value that everyone should have access to safe, affordable housing.
All tenants are responsible for paying their rent, however we do recognize the loss of income and financial hardship that some tenants may face, particularly through the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are having difficulty with your rent payments, please contact your Property Manager immediately to develop a rent payment plan. If you are facing eviction due to non-payment of rent, you must enter into and a rent payment plan to avoid eviction.
Did you know you can pay your rent the same way that you pay other bills through your banking institution?
- Select ‘Calgary Housing Company’ as a bill payee.
- Use your payment account number (PAN) as your bill account number (the number provided when you signed your lease.)
- If you do not have your PAN, please call (587) 390-1200 for assistance.
- Depending on which bank you use, they may require more than 6 digits, if this is the case you may add enough zero’s in front of your account number to reach the required number of digits.
Subsidy payments are completed via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Payments should not be interrupted as a result of our recent front counter closures.
Calgary Housing Company is responding to all critical maintenance requests and will defer non-urgent maintenance requests to minimize coronavirus exposure of our tenants and employees. Calgary Housing Company continues to have 24-hour maintenance response by contacting our customer service line at (587) 390-1200.
Calgary Housing Company’s safety and security protocols remain in place. Any properties with on-site security will continue to provide the same service based on existing schedules.
Important updates and notices will be posted here.